- Yellow - I wear lots of yellow - because my husband thinks it looks good on me. The real reason is because I don't like washing yellow items with anything else or I think they look dingy - so I have to wear lots of them so I have enough for a whole load!
- YURT - I want a YURT - don't you want a YURT too?
- Yell - my inside voice
- Yankee - my husband and kids are Yankees (not Yankee fans - they both like Boston), I however think of myself as someone from Joursey (NJ)
- Yesterday - I don't know what yesterday will bring because I'm writing this several weeks early - so right now my yesterday is really tomorrows
- Yoga - I loved doing yoga - now it just seems like starting would be WORK
- Yodel - something I can't do and shouldn't try to do
- Yield - interesting concept, something that might be good to teach again in driver's ed classes
- Yawn - Damn - just typing the word made me do it.
Friday, September 29, 2006
Sunday, September 24, 2006
Thursday, September 21, 2006
Wednesday, September 20, 2006
Monday, September 18, 2006
Sunday, September 17, 2006
Wednesday, September 13, 2006
Tuesday, September 12, 2006
Today's DAT is a small quilt I was making for the Quilting Arts Magazine Challenge. I didn't finish it (or really work on the actual quilt only the photo) until the deadline was passed, but I'm happy that I decided to do it - and like the way it came out. I also really like the zigzagged edge with its irregular shape.
This quilt was also the quilt I was working on in the Simple Still Life. It no longer looks like a tube in a pool but that's ok - its Abstract so it can be anything you want it to be - LOL You can see the tube transformation in the beginning posts. This photo is upside down but the right side up one is on SSL.
I think I will try this on several other quilts I need to bind - I really hate binding quilts!
That being said, last night I bound my Family Tree Quilt - WHOO HOO! Very few WIPS - guess its really time to start the bed quilt.
Monday, September 11, 2006
Sunday, September 10, 2006
Saturday, September 09, 2006
Friday, September 08, 2006
- WordPlay - well DUH!
- Winner - DebR wins because she is going to be the first one finished with this WordPlay
- Water - I am totally not a water person - this makes it hard on my husband, daughter and son who LOVE the water!
- Wait - not too good at this I'm afraid
- Warrior - I think of my husband Tom when I think of the word warrior
- Waterfall - now even though I don't like water - what I mean to say is I don't like to get in the water or to get wet (Think Elphaba), I do however love to look at water - especially waterfalls
- Watermelon - I really love watermelon, as a fruit and as part of an umbrella drink!
- Weatherman - I think they get their information from Oujii boards or pendulums - what do you think?
- Weave - I really love hand-woven items - and usually can't afford the ones I covet!
- Weddings - I would love to wish Josie and Jack the best on the start of their Marriage.
- Webs - Spider webs mesmerize me, but I don't like touching them. The WWW has too much of my attention.
- Welding - I think at some point I will learn to do some welding, I have a sculpture in mind
- Wetlands - we have some wetlands on our property and there is a salt marsh in our lower field - one day I hope to put a small studio near it - so I can watch the egrets
- Whatever... a word Morgan and her friends use a little too often!
- Whine - I hate this word WAHHHH
- Wine - now this is a horse of a different color!
- Windmill - I would love to put modern windmills (wind turbines) on our property. I will always remember the tour on Nantucket of their lighthouse - the guide explained you could use 1, 2 or 4 sheets (fabric blades) on the windmill without a problem, but 3 sheets "to the wind" was BAD, VERY VERY BAD! there is another explanation here.
- Women - I know some WONDERFUL WOMEN so I think I will end with thoughts of them! (way too many great W-words)
Thursday, September 07, 2006
Wednesday, September 06, 2006
- Very - great word I use it a lot
- Vine - I love vines and one of my favorite funny stories is about a friend who make a ton of vine wreaths and then found out they were POSION IVY - really beautiful but she was kinda a mess for a while.
- Veal - ick ick ick - eat Chicken - you can't tell the difference
- Vaccine - I know a lot of people don't believe in them - I am not one of those people.
- Valentine - Who doesn't smile when you see the heart-shaped box of CHOCOLATE?
- Vagina - I wonder how many lists will include this word?
- Vagina Monologues - I loved listening to Eve Ensler's performance
- Vday - Global movement and series of consciousness-raising events to end violence against girls and women through public performances, education and networking.
- Vanilla - I love the scent and taste of vanilla
- Vegetables - I like most but not all (OKRA)
- Velcro - great invention and fun too !
- Venison - I don't know why Tom goes hunting every year - when we have 15 deer living in our yard - they don't even walk away until you are an arm's length from them!
- Violet - does anyone remember those little violet candy things that tasted like SOAP?
- Vodka - not as good a tequila
- Voicemail - how did we live without it?
Tuesday, September 05, 2006
Saturday, September 02, 2006
Friday, September 01, 2006
Clickable of course