Saturday, April 29, 2006
Friday, April 28, 2006
Wednesday, April 26, 2006
I took the photos and played with it in Photoshop - I'm not sure what I will end up doing to this one but - it was fun playing.
Landscape at Twilight
- Face - I've enjoyed learning to paint Faces, and seem to spend more time now looking at "interesting" ones.
- Factory – I work in an old turn oF the century Hat Factory. I even worked in this building 25 years ago. Now I work For a public relations company, then I worked For a Chinese Importing company.
- Fair – LiFe isn’t Fair – get over it!
- Fall – I love Fall – I love the colors, the crispness and the Food!
- Fashion – Not something that I worry too much about – I oFten Find out I am back in style by the time I think to change.
- Father – Very important part oF my liFe.
- Fawn – I’m expecting to soon see a bunch oF them, adding to our herd.
- Feathers – SoFt, Floating
- Female – I enjoy being a ‘girl”
- Fettuccini – How can this have 93 WW points?
- Fiber - ICK
- Friends – Can’t live without them
- Fingerprint – I’m Fascinated by them
- Flamingo - PINK
- FluFFy – Cotton candy
- Flowers – I preFer them in the garden, but the deer eat everything here – so I’m FORCED to have cut Flowers!
- Fog – Driving into the mountains the wisps mesmerize me
- Folk music – Always present in my childhood home
- Forever – I do not want to live Forever
- Forget – I Forget more than I remember these days.
- Forgive – its its not liFe threatening – its not worth getting upset.
- Fractals – I wish I could learn how to make these
- Frisbee – I suck throwing one but still try - occasionally
- Fudge – Chocolate or Marble
- Fruit – Can’t think oF a single one that I don’t like – ok I don’t like cantalope and honeydew
- Future – I’m looking Forward to mine
- Fuck - such a great expressive wonderful word! I use it too oFten - oh well!
Wednesday, April 19, 2006
- Dawn - My mother's name & a beautiful time of Day that I see often Daughter Morgan is my Darling Daughter
- DiamonD - My birthstone
- Dark - Often my mooD anD certainly my humor
- DayDream - Something I Don't Do nearly often enough - some of my best frienDs spenD hours DayDreaming
- Dessert - the perfect way to start a meal
- Destroyer - A book series that my DaD, Warren Murphy is the author of. MaDe into a very campy movie with Joel Grey.
- Dye - I useD a lot of Dyes in my class recently - I was DisappointeD with the results. But Dyeing my velvet scarves earlier this year proviDeD intense saturateD color more beautiful than I imagineD
- Diet - I DiD pretty well last year on my WW Diet, but it is now time to get back on the program - these pounDs slip back on much too easily - DAMN IT
- DooDle - I Do this much less than I useD to, DooDling was fun
- Dream - I Dream in Black anD white, although sometimes there are bursts of color which cause Dizzy squeals of Delight!
- Different - Something to strive to be
- Digital - the way of the worlD
- Dog - I can't forget Button
I've joined the Simple Still Life group.
This month's theme is Floral.
Tuesday, April 18, 2006
Monday, April 17, 2006
Saturday (The only rainless day)
- Check out of Hotel
- Squish into Laume's over packed car (Filled with Timi and my suitcases)
- Drive back to Monterey and meet Cindy and her 2 kids at the Aquarium.
- We spent several wonderful hours getting a personal tour by Alex and Megan, took a ton of photos.
- Force Laume to leave the Otters
- Take a picturesque drive to Asilomar
- Check in - find our room
- Show up 2 hours late and find out that Hollis has been talking for over an hour
- Dinner - and then
Monday - Thursday
- Did I mention Rain
- Go to class - we had already packed up
- Switch our shuttle reservation to an earlier one
- take the shuttle to San Jose airport
- Get picked up my my SIL, Lisa
- Drive and get Gianna (my Niece)
- See their new home in Fremont
- Have dinner
- Back to Airport for 9:30 flight
- Incoming plane had rain delay - then a medical emergency
- Left California after 11
- SLEEP ON PLANE (Kinda)
- Arrive in NYC at 7:00
- Tom actually got there before us! Yeah Tom!
- Drive back to CT
- Have coffee
- Timi leaves
- I take a nap
- Go to Costco
- Mom offers to meet me part way, so I don't have to do a round trip to upstate New York - we decide to do it Sunday
- SLEPT LATE!
- Left at 8:30 for drive to Owego NY
- Swap Morgan to the other car
- Return home
- Work in Studio
- WORK - damn!
- LAUNDRY - Damn
- DISHES - DAMN!
I'll post more about the entire trip - and show some photos of my pieces later this week. You can see 4 albums of trip photos (all start with April 06) at http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dabbotts/my_photos . None of these photos has been edited yet. If you are on a high speed the slideshow is the easiest way to watch. One post done - about a dozen more to do!!