Wednesday, July 19, 2006
Saturday, July 15, 2006
Wednesday, July 12, 2006
Tuesday, July 11, 2006
Monday, July 10, 2006
- Quilt - goes without saying this needed to be first
- Quiet - Something I need more of
- Quest -
- Quaint - the way towns in New England are often described
- Quartz - I collect quartz crystals, especially Herkimer's
- Quell - the first job of a JP is to Quell Riots (like that would happen)
- Quill - I'm glad we have Sharpies
- Quiz - something that DebRichardson loves to take
- Quirk - I have a few
- Quarters - I really like the new state designs, but I'm going to miss the old quarters.
- Quiche - the only Q food I can think of - take it or leave it
- Quail - I guess this is a Q-food too, I've never had it.
- Quick - these are all I have time for right now
Sunday, July 09, 2006
Saturday, July 08, 2006
- Pace - my ideal pace is leisurely, although I can pick it up I prefer a little bit of speed to snail-like
- Pagan - my current leaning
- Pajamas - I prefer flannel (much to Tom's dismay) almost all year round, thanks to central air
- Pain - something I see in Tom every day - this fucking Lyme has been making his life miserable
- Pedicure - I had my very first professional pedicure last week - humm very nice, I think I might add this to my routine
- Pantyhose - something that I am very very thankful that I do not have to wear to work!
- Pansy - a fun uplifting flower that I enjoy finding in the early garden. Other flora I like include: poinsettia, poppy (this is my 1st year with them in the garden) and pussywillows
- Parrot - there are flocks of green parrots all over CT - until 2 weeks ago I never saw one in Westport before. I know they are noisy and can cause program - the noise I can live with, and right now the bright green color still makes me happy
- Pasta - I think my favorite "P" food - others include pineapple, pancakes, pastry, peas, peanuts, pecans, peppers (veggies not spice), pears, prune (not prune juice), pumpkin pie, pistachio, plums, popcorn
- Peacock Plumage - Bright beautiful feathers
- Poker - a game I never play
- Paint something I have used often in my life - first as a child, then as a faux artist and now I use paint in my quilt art, especially for portraits
- Practical Magic - a film I watch more than once
- Puzzles - The only ones I get to do these days are online - still fun but not the same
Tuesday, July 04, 2006
Monday, July 03, 2006
Saturday, July 01, 2006
I printed the Fire Island Lighthouse on fabric and have fused it to a printed background - The dark sky is a "sacred-saved piece" that I bought years ago from Skydyes. I want to get over the fear of using these Sacred Fabrics so I'm going to go for it! I also designed a home page for a new website. I'll share it soon.
- Oak - I love oak trees and plan to use their shape in a few quilts.
- Oatmeal - I love all forms of oatmeal, hot and cold cereal and cookies, yum!
- Observant - I do not consider myself to be the most observant person in the world, but I know people who are worse!
- Obstinate - family trait that Tom's and my family possess!
- Office - I work in an office, pretty comfortable place with nice people - I'm pretty lucky to have this job (and they are lucky to have me LOL)
- Ocean - we live near the Atlantic - its right on the other side of the sound - but I am not an ocean kinda person, well my not really liking water might have something to do with it.
- Oil - damn its getting expensive and I don't think it will be coming down anytime soon.
- Once is never enough.
- Okra - I've never had it and just from the description (which usually includes the word sticky and/or slimy) I NEVER WILL
- Old - yup that describes me
- Orange - Great COLOR
- Orchid - I wish I didn't have a black thumb, but I do.
- Orchard - we have great Apple Orchards nearby, but the best ones that I've been to are in upstate New York.
- Original - I'd like to do more artwork that is original. I have enough ideas just need to do them.
- Owl - we have a few different ones here but I've never gotten a good enough look to see what kind they are.
- Oyster - Not a food I like but I do like Oyster Crackers if that counts.
- Nail - Mine are thin and short, never polished. My youngest sister Ardath's used to be long, acrylic and diamond-studded. She has a part-time business doing nails and her clients love her Air-Brushed works of art.
- Nature - I'm not much of a "Nature Girl" - unless it is watching Nature through a window.
- Navy - A place Tom (an several other of his family members) spent their early manhood years.
- Nearsighted - I've worn glasses or contacts since I was around 10 - as I reached my mid-40's my eyesight has improved and for the first time in my life since wearing them, I am now able to take them off and wander around without needing them! The eye doctor said my eyes have improved quite a bit in the last few years!
- Neat - not a trait I possess
- Needle - Mostly I use machine needles but sometimes I use hand needles - especially for beading or sewing on the dreaded binding!
- Neighbor - we don't have too many at our current house. I wish sometimes that we lived in a neighborhood where there were kids around for Morgan to play with.
- New England - A great place to live. Also its in the Northeast, in North America in the Northern Hemisphere. I live in CT the Nutmeg State.
- Niece - I have 4 and one grandniece - Samantha, Addie, Felicia (with my grandniece, Vanessa) and the newest member, Gianna.
- Nephews - Thomas, Tyler, Justin, Zachary and a Grand Nephew Steve
- Nose - recently operated on and working almost perfectly - its a great feeling to be able to breathe!
- Nuzzle a great word and a nice concept
- Nuts, nectarine, Nestle (chocolate), Noodles - good "N" foods
- NO a word we use too often!