Sunday, June 18, 2006

Family Tree

I finished everything except the binding and am very happy with the way it came out - The sky is quilted with 7 shades of PolyNeon thread, the grass and leaves are quilted in Green Rayon and the Tree is quilted in Brown Rayon. If you click on the images I think you can get a pretty good idea of what it looks like. I hadn't shown Tom until tonight - he looked and immediately wanted to know why he wasn't on it - I asked if he saw any of the other spouses - nope - I said this was just my mother's kids and our children. I've thought of another way to quilt this - so when I do one for Tom's mother - I can try doing the full background before adding the tree and leaves.

3 comments:

Ysabeau said...

Wow!!! Wow, wow, wow!!! I think that pretty much says how I feel about it. It's really nice, and you do lovely work. B*B, Ysabeau

MsT said...

I absolutely love it. I think you should make it into a kit or at least a pattern and sell it!

Diana Troldahl said...

Oh wow... Its so beautiful! And I loe that you used simpler shapes so that the fabric and quilting have the same power :-}