Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy 4th Of July !

Last night Westport had their fireworks (here is a shot), this is the true mark of summer. Our fireworks normally are a great show - last night it seemed like they must have run out of matches - everything started out fine, then there was a long (minutes) pause followed by a short burst and then nothing. Not the show that Grucci normally puts on - and I'm sure the local paper will either have an explanation or lots of comments. We live less than a mile from main beach - Last night Tom at the last minute decided he didn't want to walk down - the parking fee is $25 and the spaces are gone hours before the show. Morgan was already there - so I planned on going by myself. A short way from my home - I hear some kind of a motorized vehicle come up behind me - and turn to see Tom driving the gator. No fee to park it - so that was great. At one point Tom went back to check on the gator and came back with 2 friends. They were looking for us, and wanted us to know they parked at our house and rode their bikes. It was great seeing Cris and David - they have 2 rug rats and are in the middle of a house remodel, so I'm sure they needed the break. I hope you all have a safe, fun holiday. I'm sure Tom will be watching John Wayne movies, I'm going into the studio and Morgan has to go to Sailing School.

2 comments:

Deb R said...

That's a beautiful photo!

Laume said...

Oh my stars - I clicked on Savage Chickens. I can't stand it. I'm stuck reading them forever and ever and ever and ever and....