Saturday, November 05, 2005

Fall In New England - Part 2

Ok - so we weren't dressed in flannel and Polar Fleece, but the sun was out and the trees were beautiful, we didn't stop very often so some of the photos were taken from the car and others as we returned home, stopping at the end of our driveway to collect mail and take photos of the neighbor's maple tree. I never saw the radio antenna until I uploaded this photo! Some of the beautiful Gold and Reds of Autumn We drove by the reservoir and took this from the window And this is my favorite photo - it was taken from under the canopy of the maple tree. I love the way the seed twirlers are dark against the illuminated leaves! It was a beautiful day!

4 comments:

Deb R said...

Both sets of photos are gorgeous, Deirdre!

Desiree's Designs said...

Oh I love your photos!! I went to New York and Conneticut a few years ago just to see the foliage. I loved it, I also came home with tons of leaves and photos of leaves. It was so funny because I had heard you can preserve their color and softness by soaking them in this mixture of mineral oil and water and something, blah blah. I brought it all with me, planning to take my precious cargo home. Well the day we packed I drained out most of the oily mixture and placed the leaves in freezer bags. When the porter came to take down our bags mine was leaking! Oh my gosh, talk about a mess. Happy Fall. Visit my blog sometime, http://ibeartsyfartsy.blogspot.com
Desiree

Elle said...

Those trees look gorgeous.

MsT said...

Oh, make me jealous with those fall leaves, why doncha? Gorgeous photos.