Monday, February 06, 2006
Pandora Needs To Pack!
Starting her travel at NJ Quilt Fest - she will be heading off next week, to her debut at the Mancuso Show. WHOO HOO! Of course this gives me a few days to add some finishing touches. So over the weekend I finish sewing the binding and sleeve to the back - and my fingers still ache - what was I thinking using a teeny tiny beading needle? Oh well its done and I am happy to have this chore behind me! The rhinestones were totally uncooperative. The self-glue would not attach itself to the quilt top, and even using Fabri-Tac didn't work - I let the stones dry on a sample overnight, but they easily plucked off the next morning. I'm guessing between the layers of tulle and Angelina - there just isn't anything stable to grab onto. I decided to add some beading where I would have added the rhinestones. I have number 6 and 8 sizes and think this should go pretty quickly - all things being relative! I guess I could try and do this with size 11 - well I'm not that nuts! I went out on Sunday and bought some buttons - OUCH - $15 each for a cording covered plastic base! But they look very good, if I do say so myself, and lets face it - I DO! I'll post some photos tomorrow of the buttons.