Sunday, January 29, 2006

Captain's Cove

Morgan had purchased a camera which came in last week - I told her that one of the things she had to do this weekend was spend a few hours with me taking photos - she could bring a friend - if that friend had a camera, but other than that... she was coming. Saturday afternoon we picked up Liz and off we went. The girls wanted lunch first, and as this was the first time in 8 years Liz had ever asked for a real meal - we started our trip at McD's. I offered the girls their choice of what they wanted to take photos of - people, water, trees, animals, buildings... they had no suggestions. I headed to Captain's Cove in Bridgeport. Basically we had the place to ourselves. There were around 6 cars in the entire place and I saw one group of people - the sun was out and it was 55 but the wind was blowing and it was colder than we thought it would be. Of course this is New England and it is January! I told the girls that if any of their photos came out great we could have them printed and framed - and maybe use them in our nautical-themed bathroom. I haven't gotten that done yet but they did get some great pictures. I told them we could go home after their batteries died - they lost their inhibitions without worrying if people were watching them or making fun of them. Captain's Cove is a boatyard/marina - it also has a small village of buildings where in warmer weather vendors sell everything from Ice Cream to Tattoos and everything in between. Here are some of my favorite shots. I've tried to upload several others but I have no idea where they keep going! So you get these - more tomorrow!

No comments: