Sunday, August 07, 2005

Thelma - keeps me honest

Only a quick photo because I'm pretending to ignore the problem. I'll work on it after dinner, and maybe I'll get lucky. Yesterday I sewed the Angelina and Tulle to the background fabric - because the Angelina isn't really stuck on the background and I didn't want to go nuts with the clear nylon thread - I just gently went around the outside edges and also took some quick interiors - just to hold them on. The loose tulle and Angelina mean that even though I used 400 silk needles there were little spots which were not wrinkled but... not totally flat. I decided to iron, tried it out ironing through the tulle seemed ok - so I went to town. Unfortunately there was a slight gap where there 2 pieces of tulle overlapped and when I iron one rolled up and I hit the Angelina - The good news is my new Panasonic iron worked like a charm and the melted Angelina wiped right off - the bad news is I have a 1/2" x 8" section which needs more Angelina and tulle. Then it will be quilting time...

1 comment:

Kate West said...

Oh don't you hate it when things like that happen? I'm sure it will look fine once you fix that spot, though. :-)