Sunday, July 03, 2005

Wispy spirits

Sitting here at 4:30 in my PJ's is not normal for me. But I feel like I've accomplished something so I'm not all that upset. This morning after many mugs of coffee, I started working on the box again. It took a couple of tries before the opening seemed ok, but I am very happy with the way it looks now. Then after a quick snack break, I came back to work on the stuff coming out of the box. The wisps closest to her head seemed heavy (and they photograph terribly!), so I redid them a little at a time. In person they look better than they do here but I'm hoping with more time and a tripod I can get some photos with less reflection. I've also redone the faces and all in all I'm very happy with the results. To attach these will be interesting - but I think if I cover everything with silver/grey bridal illusion and sew over it with gold and silver thread - that might work - of course I'm sure I will chicken out and just sew it down with invisible.

3 comments:

Dara said...

It looks beautiful. You've really captured the feeling of the spirits, and the colors are fabulous. Good find on the fabric for the box!

Elle said...

Very pretty! I love the fabulous way the box turned out!

Kate West said...

It's just beautiful, Deirdre. You are becoming quite the accomplished textile artist. :-)