Friday, July 22, 2005

Spirits Light & Dark

I wish that taking photos of this quilt were better at showing what it actually looks like. The reflection and color change is very hard to photograph. Maybe when I am really ready to take final photos the tulle will help with the reflections. Today I worked on the faces. All the old ones were discarded (too heavy) and I started making lighter ones. I think I will end up needing to use tracing paper to get the final placement and direction, so that they look like they are pulling off from the stuff escaping the box. I also am trying to decide if I want to add a heavier spirit, which sinks to the bottom. I like the way the dark face looks against dress.

1 comment:

Kate West said...

I really like this version of the spirits and really like the darker one against the dress.