Monday, July 11, 2005

1 Down - 1 Close Behind

My self-portrait has been finished for almost a month - but finally I got to the quilting and binding part. I also did a little lipo on my jaw line. A project sitting on the WIP pile for a little bit longer - OVER A YEAR - if you are keeping close track, is my Green Fairy. Basically she has had a face since November 03! Her body, arms, wings, hair, etc were added last summer/fall. Then I got sidetracked. I'm really happy with the quilting and the wool roving for hair - my plan was to felt it into her head after the piece was quilted but it was a nightmare getting the felting needle through the fusible. I figured done is better than bleeding all over it - those felting needles are very sharp! Here is her closeup. The only thing left - will get to it this evening if I am lucky - is the binding - and to sew down the dragonfly. Now I can get back to Pandora!

2 comments:

Dara said...

I remember the green fairy! And the portrait came out great. Good progress.

Kate West said...

Oh I love this green fairy!! You are inspiring me, Deirdre. I may just get back to quilting one of these days soon. :-)