Sunday, June 26, 2005

A New Background

Today - in spite of trying all day to avoid painting fabric - I finally had to admit that I really needed to fix the background fabric. First I found my paints, then I bothered Tom to move his motorcycle and asked him to give me something to paint on> Finally I set up and then I decided it would be easier if I painted in an upright position. I finished most of the painting - but there was a seam in the middle of the surface I was painting on - right in the middle of the fabric, so I waited until the paint dried, then turn it. This background is darker, and starts off deep green at the lower edge. I think it works better than the other background which had the Lumiere paint. Lining up the gold and white Angelina, is proving to be difficult, between it falling off the wall before I get a chance to look at it and trying to remember which is the front/top/back, etc, it was a challenge. I'm not 100% happy with the placement yet, but its looking better. I've also added her left hand and will work on the box this week. Yes Pandora does need the BOX!

3 comments:

Kate West said...

Wow, I'm impressed as always, Deirdre. :-)

Phoebe said...

Wow! I do like the darker background, although I'm sorry that you had to repaint it.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Nice blog, I am bit new to this blog stuff but I really like it. I will definately be back. I have a
gold butterfly charm that the horse lovers community just love. I should set a blog up on it that has to do with gold butterfly charm